Monday, March 5, 2007

Camera'less

Since I'm starting off my first post without a picture, I thought it would be appropriate to start off by saying that I don't have a camera. Correction, I don't have a functioning camera.

I was hopping from rock to rock (more like boulders) in the Rio Macho in (Orosi, Costa Rica) trying to find a nice rock to relax on and do some homework. When I landed on one of the boulders, it shifted, causing me to fly forward. Both of my flip-flops ripped off and I busted up my big toe as I scrambled to stop myself from eating the next rock. After my heart started beating again, I heard something splash in the river. I noticed that my water bottle in my backpack was missing. And soon after, I noticed that it was starting to flow down stream. I quickly rushed out to grab it. Ecstatic, I went back ashore to repair my destroyed sandals and tend to my bleeding toe. It wasn't then until I realized that my camera was in the same pocket as my water bottle. Indeed, it had fell in the river but sank comfortably to the bottom of the shallow part of the river. I recovered it and after letting it dry. It works but the lenses and the LCD are fogged up. I'll see if I can get someone to overcharge me to fix it this week.

Pura Vida!

No comments: