Monday, April 30, 2007

Cajero Automatico

It was inevitable, but I didn´t think it would happen to me. I just arrived in Grenada, Nicaragua last night. After sleeping on a couch (they didn´t have any beds) and trying to avoid countless couples making out in the dark (they were everywhere, in hammocks, on the couch next to me, standing up, etc.) I went to the bank this morning to withdraw some Cordoba cash. Well, 18 Cordobas is roughly $1 and my attempt to withdrawal $50 went awry. Yes, 1, plus a couple zeros and you have a potential disaster on your hands...

Luckily, I only put one zero too many so I´m left with $500. But if you see 10,000 Cordobas, you feel like Bill Gates and your pocket shows it as well. I´m not sure what I´m going to do with it yet, even if I exchange it back for US dollars. I guess the only logical thing to do is to rent a horse and cart (not uncommon here) and start throwing Benjamins (or the equivalent) out on the street. Bling´n all the way!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

This one makes me laugh at the sight of your pockets overflowing & people swarming to pick them...you should totally rent a cart & have your own version of Mardi Gras down there :)

What adventures you are having & it all sounds so fantastic. You are GREAT at writing, maybe you should even write a book one day?!

take care & enjoy your time left!